UCNS strives to be a good corporate citizen. Through its managers and through its people, UCNS is committed to promoting protection of the environment; supporting charities and local communities; promoting equal opportunities; ensuring safe and efficient working practices; and working with suppliers who uphold similar values.
We recognise that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our stakeholders. They include clients, employees, investors, suppliers, the community and the environment. We wish to conduct our business in a responsible fashion and share with others the successes we strive to achieve. This policy outlines the company’s social responsibility actions.
Our company aims to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism. It will consider all aspects and interested parties before acting.
Ethical Business Conduct
We’ll adhere to legal guidelines for safety and fair dealing. Every partnership and collaboration will be open and transparent. Business value and financial benefits will result only from legitimate business operations. We’ll always respect the Law including anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices. Our company is also committed to always honour its internal policies.
We’ll always conduct business with integrity and respect with the people we engage with. We’ll establish appropriate policies and procedures to promote good business ethics. Examples are respect towards our clients, ethical corporate governance and anti-corruption practices. Our company will follow society’s ethical expectations.
We’ll ensure that we don’t risk the health and safety of our employees and community and respect and support diversity in order to preserve important cultural and religious beliefs.
Our company is dedicated to protecting human rights and is a committed equal opportunity employer and will incorporate all fair labour practices. It’ll ensure that its activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country.
To this end, UCNS makes every effort to select, recruit, train and promote the best candidates based on suitability for the job; to treat all employees and applicants fairly, regardless of race, sex, marital status, age, nationality, ethnic origin, religious belief, sexual orientation or disability; and to ensure that no employee suffers harassment or intimidation.
UCNS will be open to suggestions and listen carefully to ideas sourced both externally and internally. Our company will try to continuously improve the way it operates and respond to feedback which it receives.
We take pride in the investment of our people and encourage development and promotion from within wherever possible, this includes but is not limited to;
- Providing clear and fair terms of employment for its employees
- Providing clean, healthy and safe working conditions
- Offer a fair remuneration policy everywhere we operate
- Striving for equal opportunities for all present and potential employees
- Encouraging employees to develop skills and progress in their careers
- Ensuring that staff are aware of the Group’s policies on corruption, bribery and inappropriate gifts, money laundering and whistle blowing
- Encouraging a harmonious working environment with zero tolerance to bullying or to any form of harassment linked to an individual’s sex or other personal characteristics.
Our Social Responsibilities and Charitable Work
Our company recognizes the need to protect the natural environment. Sustaining our environment and keeping it clean and unpolluted is a benefit to all. UCNS will always follow best practices when disposing of waste materials and shall recycle such materials wherever possible.
UCNS is devoted to the support and protection of the weak, young and elderly. Our business works strategically to ensure that a generous portion of business profits are reserved for charitable donations and we work closely with not for profit organisations to ensure funds are delivered where they are most needed. Since 2010, our target has been maintained at 25% of profits.
Our company will encourage its employees to volunteer and shall support staff who wish to do so with paid absence from work. They can volunteer though programs internally or externally organized.
UCNS is committed to ensuring the integrity and security of its business information with particular attention given to personal and sensitive data where inappropriate use or inadequate maintenance and safeguarding could have serious repercussions. The Group policies and procedures are based on its requirements for a secure operating environment, an assessment of the risks that the Company faces and relevant legal and best‐practice requirements. UCNS is strategically working in line with the ISO 27001 standards and it operates in line with the International Standard for Information Security Management, ISO 27001 in all of its business operations. Responsibility for information security sits with the local management teams with appropriate training and support provided. UCNS Management are responsible for the strategic management of information security, including risk management, together with implementation and enforcement of the Information Security Policy.
UCNS is a privately-owned business and takes into account the interest of all its stakeholders including the business owner(s) our employees, our clients and our suppliers, as well as the local community and the environment in which we operate. UCNS has developed a reputation for reliability and professionalism, thus adhering to the highest standards of integrity, personal conduct, ethics and fairness is deemed to be of vital importance.
- Seeks to be honest and fair in our relationships with its clients
- Provides the standards of product and service that have been agreed
- Takes all reasonable steps to ensure the safety and quality of products or services that it produces
- Seeks to be honest and fair in our relationships with suppliers and subcontractors
- Pays suppliers and subcontractors in accordance with agreed terms
- Has a policy not to offer, pay or accept bribes or substantial favours
- Encourages suppliers and subcontractors to abide by the same standards and principles.
- Is financially accountable to its investors/business owner(s)
- Communicates to investors all matters that are material to an understanding of the future prospects of the organisation
- Aims to protect investors funds, manage risks and ensure funds are used as agreed.
- Aims to support the local communities in which we work, with a view to providing better places to live and do business
- Aims to be sensitive to the local community’s cultural, social and economic needs
- Endeavours to protect and preserve the environment wherever UCNS operates